Vanishing Horizons

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Winning Writer

Last week, a large box arrived on my porch. I hadn't ordered anything so I was hesitant to open it. When I did, a large, gorgeous, elegant picnic basket popped out! It was my first place prize from the picnic-basket.com writing contest. My, my, isn't that cool? I was more excited that my essay "End of School Picnic" had been published on the duble ya duble ya duble ya than about the prize. Now, I think I get the winning idea--I get something good. Please go read my story at www.picnic-basket.com
There is a list of stories, and my story is near the bottom. So, the moral of the story is, there are great contests out there with wonderful prizes. In the story, I said that I had never seen a proper picnic basket outside of my children's picture books. Now I have my very own, thanks to picnic-basket.com!

3 Comments:

  • Go Deborah! Many congratulations!

    By Blogger Lauri, at 5:30 PM  

  • Congratulations on winning the contest, Deborah! That's just great!

    By Blogger Olgy Gary, at 11:22 PM  

  • That was a beautiful story...now I want you to write about The Day of the Dead! Sooooooo glad you're in our group!

    By Blogger Olgy Gary, at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home